… A premium selection of the finest luxury hotels and resorts.
There is nothing better than some relaxation away from the stresses of work in any one of Tenerife's resorts and luxury hotels.
Most of the resorts and luxury hotels in Tenerife come with swimming pools, beautiful tropical gardens that whisk you away to paradise and unrivalled scenery. They also have high-quality facilities and offer their guests an unforgettable relaxation and recreation experience for their holidays.
Tenerife Travel Secret
There are 27 luxury hotels in Tenerife, with four more currently under construction or remodelling. One of the most attractive things about these hotels is that their prices are very competitive when compared with the hotels in other parts of Spain.
We've split this article on the luxury hotels in Tenerife into two sections: one for the hotels in the north, and the other for the hotels in the south. You'll also find links to the hotels and resorts we include so that you can read customer reviews or make a reservation. Don't hesitate to clink on these links to read our own personal accounts of the places where we've stayed.
Luxury Hotels in the South
Guia de Isora
1. Gran Melia Palácio de Isora: heaven on Earth. This hotel is located away from the crowds of tourists with beautiful neighbouring areas and a sea view from its infinity pool. Thanks to its high-quality service, extra facilities and spa, this 579-room hotel feels like a palace. It is everything you could expect from a luxury hotel and the perfect place for some peace and quiet.
2. Red Level at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora: this outstanding beachfront hotel, located near Gran Melia Palacio de Isora, is an "adults only" hotel – so you'll be able to find complete peace and quiet, and escape the stress of your daily life with extreme luxury. This is one of the best luxury hotels in Tenerife and in all of the Canary Islands. It has 90 rooms, a spa, an infinity pool, restaurants, and so much more.
3. The Ritz-Carlton, Abama: this 469-room hotel has an ethnic-style villa, beautiful gardens, seven pools and spectacular views of La Gomera – as well as a golf course, a spa and 10 restaurants. Two of these restaurants, M.B. And El Kabuki, have been awarded a combined total of three Michelin stars.
Playa Paraíso (Adeje)
1. Adrian Roca Nivaria Gran Hotel: located on the seafront, this 298-room hotel has some beautiful views of the Atlantic Ocean – especially from its infinity pool. It's the perfect place for a relaxing and enjoyable family holiday. The panoramic views of the Atlantic are beautiful, especially from its infinity pool. It is a perfect and suitable place for a relaxing and enjoyable family holiday. It also has 3 restaurants.
2. Hard Rock Hotel: the vision of this hotel is to provide music lovers with everything they could ever wish for in the hotel's 637 rooms. The hotel has two towers: one for adults and the other for families.
Costa Adeje (Adeje)
1. Royal Garden Villas: a complex of 28 villas, all fully equipped with large terraces, spas and individual heated pools. It is an exclusive and intimate establishment that offers great privacy, exquisite luxury decor and enviable ocean views from its clifftop location. It has a gourmet restaurant and the Costa Adeje Golf Course can be found just opposite the hotel. This is one of our top picks of the luxury hotels in Tenerife.
2. Vincci La Plantación del Sur: this colonial Canary Island-style hotel has 165 rooms and some wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean. It also has six swimming pools, three of which are heated, and comes with tropical gardens, sun terraces for the enjoyment of its guests, a spa and a gourmet restaurant.
3. Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa: a luxurious 248-room hotel amidst tropical gardens and close to the ocean. The hotel includes three swimming pools, a large spa, five restaurants for all tastes, three bars and live music for guests' entertainment.
4. Costa Adeje Gran Hotel: located on Fañabe Beach. The hotel’s four swimming pools are surrounded by tropical gardens and terraces where you can bask in the sun. One pool is on the roof of the hotel, where there is a spectacular view of the ocean and surrounding area. It has 457 rooms, two restaurants and three bars.
5. Hotel Baobab Suites: this is a completely different hotel to those you would normally find in Costa Adeje. The luxury, functionality and luminosity of its 125 suites and the aesthetic beauty of the building offer you the chance to have the holidays you always wanted.
6. Adrian Hotel Jardines de Nivaria: this 271-bedroom hotel is next to the Fañabé Beach. I particularly love the hotel's art-deco style, its gardens and, most of all, the large dome.
7. Dream Hotel Gran Tacande & Spa: also found in Playa del Duque, this hotel has a wonderful view of La Gomera. It is designed in a luxurious colonial style and has two outdoor pools and 256 bright and spacious rooms with balconies overlooking the mountains, hotel gardens and ocean.
8. Hotel Suite Villa María: just 500 metres from La Caleta Beach, this hotel is the ideal place for some relaxation. Its 78 villas have everything you could want for your luxury holiday in Tenerife.
9. Gran Hotel Bahía del Duque: this hotel is in the excellent Playa del Duque. It is a luxurious and family-friendly residential complex with a design inspired by colonial and Canarian styles. Even the hotel staff wear uniforms influenced by regional costumes. It has 351 rooms and five outdoor swimming pools.
10. Iberostar Grand Hotel Anthelia: located in Fañabe Beach, this hotel has great views of the Atlantic Ocean and two outdoor pools. The restaurants at this 391-room hotel serve various international dishes, particularly in the Portofino, a restaurant dedicated to Italian cuisine.
11. Iberostar Grand Hotel El Mirador (adults only): this hotel can be found in Playa del Duque. A 120-room hotel with colonial architecture, it is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the luxurious facilities.
12. Iberostar Grand Hotel Salomé (adults only): this hotel is part of the Grand Collection operated by Hotel Anthelia. It has 24 rooms, a restaurant with a terrace and sea view, an enormous pool and almost 3,300 square meters of Thai Zen Space. All of these facilities guarantee that guests will have everything they could possibly need for their perfect holiday in the sun.
13. Royal Hideaway Corales Suites (a Barceló resort): this hotel has 144 family apartments, 121 suites, three swimming pools, four restaurants, a spa and an enormous garden.
Tenerife Travel Secret
Due to the good weather all year round, Adeje is the municipality with the largest concentration of 5-star hotels in all of Tenerife.
Playa de Las Américas
1. Europe Villa Cortes GL: a luxurious 151-room hotel with colourful architecture inspired by an elegant Mexican colonial mansion. There is a beach club with a restaurant and excellent views of the Atlantic Ocean.
2. Sir Anthony: located on the seafront in Playa del Camisón, this modern, semi-circular 70-room building is surrounded by beautiful gardens and has a swimming pool and spa. It is the ideal place to enjoy some spectacular views.
3. Mediterranean Palace (Mare Nostrum Resort): this iconic hotel is next to El Camisón Beach. It has an outdoor pool, a spa and 535 rooms with typical blue and white Canary Island decoration. Its restaurant and bars serve marvellous dishes and refreshing drinks. The Safari Shopping Centre is nearby for a deluxe shopping trip.
4. Hotel Las Madrigueras: this hotel is located near the Las Américas Golf Course. Guests receive special rates and a complimentary golf cart for the duration of their stay. It has 57 rooms, a spa and outdoor swimming pool, and free private parking.
San Miguel de Abona
1. Hotel Sandos San Blas Reserva Medioambiental: this hotel has 331 rooms, eight pools and a spa. It has two large restaurants, four bars and two of the best golf courses in Tenerife: Golf del Sur and Amarilla Golf.
Granadilla de Abona
1. Casas Bioclimáticas ITER: a complex of 24 modern ZERO CO2 emissions villas that is located only 50 meters from the sea. It is surrounded by a wind farm and is in close proximity to Montaña Pelada.
2. La Tejita Luxury Beach Resort (under construction): this hotel stands out thanks to its state-of-the-art design and its 'respect for the surrounding natural environment'. Sadly, construction and development has stopped.
North Tenerife Luxury Hotels
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
1. Iberostar Grand Hotel Mencey: just in front of Parque García Sanabria, the Grand Mencey has 261 modern rooms and 22 suites, and offers a unique combination of old and modern design, on top of a high level of comfort and exquisite elegance. The hotel has hosted famous personalities who have visited the island: including kings, politicians, artists and writers from around the world.
Puerto de La Cruz
1. Hotel Botánico and Oriental Spa Garden: it has an enviable view of La Orotava Valley, Mount Teide and the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel has a classical style and is surrounded by some 25,000m² of beautiful gardens, outdoor swimming pools and decking, in addition to a sauna, a Turkish bathhouse and a small golf course. This 252-room hotel is also one of our top picks of luxury hotels in Tenerife.
2. Hotel Best Semiramis: this hotel is on top of a cliff, so many of its 298 rooms have spectacular views of the ocean. Service is excellent, and it has a spa, two outdoor pools and two restaurants.
Tenerife Travel Secret
Hotel Botánico, Bahía del Duque and El Abama are all included in the prestigious list of 'the Leading Hotels of the World' – which is a testament to their top-quality service and facilities.
Buenavista del Norte
1. Meliá Hacienda del Conde: a 117-room resort with all the comforts you could possibly ask for. It is located near the Teno Nature Reserve, a very up market and quiet part of Tenerife. The resort's facilities include an outdoor pool, several sun terraces with wonderful views of the northern coast of the island, a fitness centre and a spa. The hotel's location, the quality of service, tranquillity and the surrounding area all lead to the Meliá Hacienda del Conde being another of our top picks of the luxury hotels in Tenerife.